Before the first game, each team shall submit to the Secretary an
eligibility roster which shall include each player's name, date of birth,
the school the player attends, the grade in which the player is enrolled,
and a certification that the player and the player's parents or guardians
have provided the physician's certification, consent and certification of
insurance, and acknowledgement and waiver of liability forms specified in
the preceding paragraphs.
Before the first game, each team shall submit to the Secretary or
designee (i.e. MaxPreps), a roster which shall include each player’s
name, the school the player attends (if a combined team), the grade in
which the player is enrolled, and playing position.
The coach, by submitting this roster, is certifying that the players submitted are academically eligible, of the proper age, and the player and/or the player’s parents or guardians have provided to the coach, physician’s certification, consent and certification of insurance, and acknowledgement and waiver of liability forms specified in the preceding paragraphs.
The WVSLA will recognize a player’s eligibility if the school he or she attends affirms the player is eligible to play sports at that school. - Revised September 18, 2016
WVSLA member teams will comply with WVSSAC academic eligibility
All players must be US Lacrosse members. - Approved October 15,
All players must be US Lacrosse members. - Approved October 15, 2018
- Before the beginning of regular season competition, the Coaches will develop and submit a written recommendation subject to approval by the WVSLA Board of Directors, placing teams in "A", "B" or "C" classifications based on projected competitive strength, historical competitive strength, number of years the team has been in existence, size of school, and whatever other factors the Coaches and the Board of Directors deem relevant. A team may schedule and compete against teams in other classifications, but regular season standings, as well as qualification for and entry into post-season tournament play will be determined according to classification.
- In order to be considered for post-season tournament play, team must be a team in good standing and fulfill the current playoff requirements. .
- Any team that fails to appear for a mutually scheduled contest will, in addition to forfeiting the game, compensate its opponent for game expenses including but not limited to referees, medical services, transportation, lights, field rental and the like.
- Teams shall give 24-hour notice if they are unable to field a team for a game. The board shall decide if any fees or fines are due.
- The WVSLA Championship Trophy shall be named after Jake Mullett, former Assistant Superintendent of Schools in Monongalia County. It shall be called the "Jake Mullett Memorial Trophy" for his support of lacrosse at all levels. - Approved December 2007
- League coaches are expected to adhere to and practice the ideals set forth by the NFHS.
- Coaches are required to emphasize good sportsmanship and appropriate behavior at all times. Coaches are responsible for controlling themselves, their players and their bench. Fighting, profanity, intemperate language or behavior, and disrespect for opponents, officials or spectators should be avoided and discouraged.
- Coaches must be familiar with the NFHS rule book and all WVSLA exceptions.
- Coaches are encouraged to fill out and mail to the WVSLA officials' representative rating cards for officials' performance within 3 days after a contest.
Coaches can go to (TBA) to rate the refs.
- The Head Coach must meet WVSSAC guidelines.
- All head coaches must be members of US Lacrosse - Adopted October 16, 2011.
- All WVSLA games will be officiated by members of the Allegheny Lacrosse Officials Association, or other certifying body of officials, except in circumstances when a visiting official is invited to work a game.
- Coaches will be notified in advance of the officials assigned for their home games.
- Officials will have the authority over the "game" from the time of arrival / check-in until the teams have completed the post-game handshake and visiting team has departed.
- Officials will be paid the "published" rate per game as communicated in writing from the WVSLA Secretary prior to each season. Officials should be paid promptly at the end of each game or as determined by Agreement between Official and the WVSLA Board of Directors.
- The WVSLA Board of Directors will notify the the area assignor of any and all WVSLA exceptions to NFHS rules prior to the commencement of upcoming season. Officials should be thoroughly familiar with WVSLA exceptions prior to working any WVSLA games.
- Before the beginning of the regular season, the WVSLA will appoint an officials' representative to act as liaison to the Board of Directors on all issues pertaining to officials. Any complaints or comments concerning officials should be directed in writing to this officials' representative.
HOME TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- The WVSLA will adhere to all Federation Rules with the exceptions to be determined and announced by the Board of Directors by February of each year.
- The procedure for proposing exceptions to the rules which will govern WVSLA play shall be as follows:
- Any member or official may recommend an exception to the WVSLA Board of Directors, or any committee appointed by the Board of Directors for purposes of considering interpretation of the rules or exceptions to the rules (the "Rules Committee"), provided such proposal is submitted within a reasonable time.
- The Board of Directors or the Rules Committee will review proposals for rule changes and report their tentative conclusions to the membership at a duly convened meeting.
- After an opportunity for discussion and input by the membership, the Rules Committee will make a recommendation concerning proposed rule changes or exceptions and the Board of Directors shall determine whether to adopt any proposed changes exceptions.
- Notice of exceptions to the Federation Rules will be distributed in writing to all members and officials with a specific effective date.
2014 TEAM CLASSIFICATION, SCHEDULES AND TOURNAMENTS - Approved for 2014 season - Changes from 2013 noted in RED
CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS RECORD OF ANNUAL REVISIONS WVSLA INDEX PAGE